NZX/ASX Market Release
As previously announced, The a2 Milk Company Limited (“a2MC”) has received an indicative, conditional and non-binding expression of interest from two parties with respect to an acquisition of all of the shares in a2MC.
ASX has requested in response to media speculation that a2MC confirms the identity of the parties who submitted the expression of interest. The parties are Freedom Foods Limited and Dean Foods Company.
The Board is continuing to seek further information in order to evaluate the proposal and will update the market on further developments as appropriate.
a2MC has no further comment to make at this time.
About The a2 Milk Company
- The a2 Milk Company is building a global business based on a differentiated, premium and branded portfolio of dairy and infant formula products supported by an integrated portfolio of intellectual property and a comprehensive body of scientific evidence
- The a2 Milk Company believes as many people as possible should be able to enjoy the benefits of fresh and natural dairy and are providing a positive alternative to those who find consumption of regular cows’ milk challenging
- The a2 Milk Company has a significant and differentiated premium dairy business in Australia with over 9% value share of the total fresh milk grocery market and more recently has established operations in China, the UK and the USA
- The a2 Milk Company Limited is dual listed on the NZX and ASX and trades under the codes ATM and A2M respectively
About the a2 Milk™ brand
- The a2 Milk™ brand is a naturally occurring cows’ milk that comes from cows selected to produce only the A2 beta-casein protein and not the A1 protein. It is an entirely natural and pure cows’ milk and not a product of technological process or genetic engineering
- Originally all domesticated cows produced only the A2 type protein. Owing to a genetic mutation in European herds, another milk protein emerged (A1 protein) and through modern farming practices spread throughout the world
- The a2 Milk™ brand is the only cows’ milk that is free from the A1 pr